18/03/2011

troubles

It is very sad, but I have some troubles with experiments. Firstly, it is very hard to stop thinking and start making. Probably it is the biggest challenge, and I spent too much time on THINKING about my project (now it means so much for me^^). Secondly, when I had finally started experimenting I found out that not all of my materials worked. My first list of stuff included organics such as fur, egg shell, sea shell, snake skin etc. Than I added some metals - pewter, aluminum, silver plated wire, foil, silver leaf. And also some laminate surfaces - torn card, thin wood. The aim was creating material with circular pattern imitating sea shell or horn layers. Unfortunately, when heated pewter melted and aluminum did not change colour, silver leaf did not oxidize with vinegar. Only wire and foil altered the colour from white to golden and grey.


Also unsuccessful became my attempts to create three-dimensional form of hair structure from modelling material and than from some kind of dental plaster. It was jelly first hour, but as drying it became fragile.
So experiments were not really helpful and now I will try to work with wire, pewter and probably initial organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment